Friday, May 25, 2012

He's Bacccccccccccck

Woke up this morning and sat in my chair outside with my coffee. My pre-dawn peace was interrupted by  the noise of  my large trash can being knocked over. Out pops Mr. Raccoon from the tumbled over trash can. I jumped up to run to the door grabbing my cup of coffee first. It's all about saving the coffee.  Here's the story of my first encounter with Mr. Raccoon:



So how was your Friday the 13th??

Mine began at the butt crack of dawn. I walked outside in the still darkness of night. I saw my cat jump onto the roof of my car and began to call him, all of a sudden he stood up on his hind legs. That should of been my first clue. Upon walking closer to my car I then realized that it was not my cat! What I saw before me was the biggest ugliest raccoon that I have ever seen. The raccoon was trying to use my car roof as a jumping off stage to deposit himself into the near by trash can. I threw my water bottle at him and missed. He jumped off the car and began to stalk me. I picked up a rake and tried to fend him off. I had to be at work and open the building on time. I ran back into the house to get more ammunition. I came back outside with a can of mace and a pan and spoon to make as much noise as possible. I jumped into my car and hurriedly locked the doors. ( duh! like he could get in, I was not going to take any chances ) I did make it to work on time. Might have to call the city to get a trap as I do not want another surprise..surprise..surprise ever again..

6 comments:

  1. Heck, all we ever get is possums!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This raccoon is as big as a Maine coon cat and very fast on his feet. I live in the city so where he came from I just don't know. He has scared the B'jesus out of me.

      I'm still trying to figure out why I grabbed the cup of coffee instead of fleeing for my life.

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. Hey now...that was just mean...I think we are going to get along just fine..
      Now I am going to be paranoid every morning when I step outside for peace, relaxation and coffee. Guess I will just have to walk tall and carry a big stick.

      Delete
  3. I had a problem with them at our last house - they were bold and brazen.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I might have to call the city to get a trap. I fear walking out the door in the wee morning hours when I have to leave for work.

      Delete