Sunday, June 17, 2012

Facebook Drama

 I innocently posted the following update to my face book: Going to go take a disco nap. I needed a nap because I was going out to a party with friends. Long gone are the days when I could work all day and party all night..rinse..lather ..repeat.

This Stella was going to get her groove on.

While I was in a deep sleep coma my oldest daughter read my update and called her younger sister (who lives with me) to discuss my social life. Where's Mom going, who is she going with,what time will she be back..what is she wearing..yada..yada..yada.

Last time I looked I was of a certain age. The images of Granny sitting home alone Saturday night watching Lawrence Welk and knitting while talking to her cats are best to be left in the 60's.


I purposely left my cell phone at home because I knew that my adult children would be blowing it up all night.

I got in at 2 a.m. and proudly did the walk of shame all the way to my bedroom.

Dear Kids,

Get a life..I got one.

7 comments:

  1. Haha...love this! I could easily write the same message to my son! He thinks I should be sitting in a dim corner somewhere with a bag of knitting needles.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think there is a name for that..bitch and stitch.

      Delete
  2. Good for you...but it is nice to have kids that "Give a shit!"

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. "give a shit" is nice my problem is when it turns to "diarrhea".

      Delete
  3. If I went out like that, mine would think I'd died and been replaced. They expect me to be sitting here, on my butt, waiting for when THEY might need something.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My children are grown and married..geesh now I have become the child.

      Delete